Cowgirl Thang 3:260:00/3:26
Fly Higher 4:160:00/4:16
In My Little Town 3:330:00/3:33
Wear them Blues 4:190:00/4:19
Crossfire (Live) 4:240:00/4:24
La Grange 3:220:00/3:22
Unchain My Heart 5:040:00/5:04
Hard To Handle Live 3:260:00/3:26
Weekend Moon 2:460:00/2:46
You're the One 5:450:00/5:45
Fly Higher 5:350:00/5:35
Watch That Girl Go 3:020:00/3:02
From The Road Again 4:510:00/4:51
Brian Walton - Biography
Brian Walton is an American Country, Country-Rock and Blues, multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, composer, engineer, and producer best known for his highly publicized 1989-1993 USO tour performances with The Bellamy Brothers, The Mavericks, Dwight Yoakum, Vassar Clements, Willie Nelson, Joe Diffie, and Johnny Paycheck. Brian is a member of the Songwriters Guild of America and ASCAP.
Brian, who studied at Juilliard (1980-1983), became a part-time staff writer for A&R Records (later Capitol Records) in 1983 creating jingles for Maybelline, Baskin Robbins, and Pan American Airlines among others. During his tenure at A&R Records, Brian's talents were featured in over 200 recordings which included collaborations with Burt Bacharach (Arthurs Song), Liza Minnelli (Cabaret), Peter Tosh (Wanted Dread & Alive), and many more.
After serving in the Army, Brian moved to Germany in 1987 and worked alongside Producers Thomas Schmitt-Zijnen, Thomas Paul Korge, and David Bell at the Dolphin Studios in Mörfelden, Germany. There Brian perfected his skills as an engineer while collaborating with such Artists as Michael Sadler (Saga), Canned Heat, and The Frankfurt Rock Orchestra. In addition to his USO performances, Brian also performed with local Country Bands Bakersfield and Westend at festivals and concerts that took him all over Europe until returning to the US in 2000.
While in Germany, Brian released his first Album Made in the Shade (1993 - Sony Records) which produced three Top-10 Billboard chart hits and kicked off his solo career. After returning stateside, Brian went on a wildly successful nationwide tour in 2006 of 14 cities which resulted in the celebrated Made in the Shade Live! Album (2007).
Since then, Brian has released 9 more Albums and Singles all of which have been featured on the Billboard Top-100 charts, on TV, and in major motion pictures.
Brian has been awarded Country Artist of the Year (1993, 1997), Band/Group of the Year (1994), Male Vocalist of the Year (1991), and Most Versatile Musician three years in a row (1996, 1997, 1998) by the GCMA.
Most Recent Studio Release
Brian considers himself ‘genre-agnostic’, but has had the most success with Country and Blues genres.
After finishing out his tour of duty in the US Army in 1985, Brian remained in Darmstadt Germany and continued performing until 2000. Yes. He speaks fluent German.
Brian is a trained Pianist but prefers to play Guitar. He also plays the Violin, Harmonica, Bass, Drums, Organ, Lap, and Pedal Steel Guitar.
According to ASCAP, Brian’s musical works have been re-recorded or appeared in productions over 1400 times since 2010. More than any other artist since 1989.
While living in Buffalo, New York in 1977, Brian performed occasionally at Nightclubs and Bars with the Band Talas whose most notable member was Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big). Billy introduced Brian to Tesla bassist/guitarist Brian Wheat with whom he also collaborated on diverse projects.
Brian was co-writer of the successful ‘Pan Am Airlines - You Can't Beat The Experience' (1982) and Maybelline - I’m at my best (1984) advertisement campaigns.
Brian has been friends with Albert Lee (Emmylou Harris’ Hot Band) since they first played together at a mutual friend's birthday party in 1991. Albert introduced Brian to Vince Gill, Ricky Scaggs, and Eric Clapton.
Brian has performed ‘Austin City Limits’ (both the TV show and the Music Festival) off-and-on since 1983 where he performed with such artists as Chris Wall (No Sweat), Lyle Lovett (Cowboy Man), and ‘Asleep at the Wheel’ singer Ray Benson.
Ron Sweet (Bass - died June 2005) and Brian became friends in 1991 during the European USO tours with Johnny Paycheck. Ron introduced Brian to Waylon Jennings, David Allen Coe, Allison Kraus, and Merle Haggard who he later collaborated on diverse projects with.
‘Watch that girl go’ (Made in the Shade album) appears as a jingle in Maybelline Radio and Television ads in Europe and South America to this day (over 20 years).
The ‘What the Hell’ album is a culmination of works that were originally written as jingles over a 20-year span the majority of which are still in circulation as international Radio and Television advertisements.
Brian is a ‘Rush’ fan, has been to more of their concerts than he can count, and is a proud collector of Rush memorabilia, including a PRS acoustic from Alex Lifeson’s private stock.
The acoustic version of Fly Higher will be featured in the upcoming Disney motion picture Matilda 2 to be released in December 2022.
Brian will be the principal line engineer and sound designer on the upcoming Netflix series Spawn - Reborn slated to debut in 2024.
Most Recent Video Release
As Writer/Performer at A&R Recording New York City, New York, USA
- 1981 - Peter Tosh - Wanted Dread & Alive (LP, Album)
- 1982 - Dayton - Hot Fun (LP, Album)
- 1982 - Tyzik* - Radiance (Cass, Album)
- 1982 - Judy Collins - Times Of Our Lives (LP)
- 1982 - Pan American Airlines - You Can't Beat The Experience (Jingle)
As Producer/Writer/Performer at Capitol Records Nashville, Tennessee, USA
- 1983 - Anne Murray - A Little Good News (7", Single)
- 1983 - 38 Special - Teacher Teacher (Single)
- 1983 - Dr. Hook - Sometimes You Win (LP, Album)
- 1983 - Diana Ross - Pieces Of Ice (12", Maxi)
- 1984 - Little Steven - Voice Of America (Album)
- 1984 - Maria Vidal - Body Rock (Special Long Version) (12")
- 1984 - Mel McDaniel - With Oklahoma Wind (Cass, Album)
- 1984 - Sherry Kean - People Talk (Cass, Album, Dol)
- 1984 - Maybelline - I'm At My Best (Jingle)
- 1985 - Maybelline - Dial-a-Lash (Jingle)
As Engineering Assistant at Dolphin Studios, Mörfelden, Germany
- 1994 - Frankfurt Rock Orchestra - Classic Moody Blues Hits (CD, Album)
- 1994 - Nena* - Und Alles Dreht Sich (CD, Album)
- 1995 - Kingfish - In Concert (2xCD, RM)
- 1995 - Johnny Logan - Another Lover (7", Single)
- 1997 - Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations (Album)
- 1998 - Point Blank - Point Blank (CD, Album, RE, RM)
As Recording Artist at Musty Dungeon Studios (Sony) Challis, Idaho, USA
- 1993 - Brian Walton - Made in the Shade (Album)
- 2001 - Brian Walton - Made in the Shade (Live, Album)
- 2014 - Brian Walton - Wear Them Blues (Single)
- 2016 - Brian Walton - What the Hell (Album)
- 2019 - Brian Walton - Made in the Shade (25th Anniversary Edition, Album)
- 2019 - Brian Walton - Fly Higher (Single)
- 2021 - Brian Walton - Still Got My Mojo (Comp, Album)
- 2021 - Brian Walton - In My Little Town (EP)
- 2022 - Brian Walton - Fly Higher (Matilda 2) (Single)
- 2022 - Brian Walton - Cowgirl Thang (Single)
- 2022 - Brian Walton - The Karen (Can't Understand Normal Thinking) Song
Courtesy of https://www.discogs.com