Wear them Blues 4:190:00/4:19
Crossfire (Live) 4:240:00/4:24
La Grange 3:220:00/3:22
Unchain My Heart 5:040:00/5:04
Hard To Handle Live 3:260:00/3:26
Weekend Moon 2:460:00/2:46
You're the One 5:450:00/5:45
Fly Higher 5:350:00/5:35
Watch That Girl Go 3:010:00/3:01
From The Road Again 4:510:00/4:51
Feels Like 3:030:00/3:03
Brian Walton - Short Biography
Brian Walton is an American Country, Country-Rock and Blues, multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, composer and producer best known for his highly publicized tour performances with u.a.: The Bellamy Brothers, The Mavericks, Dwight Yoakum, Vassar Clements, Willie Nelson, Joe Diffie and Johnny Paycheck.
Brian studied at The Juilliard School and became a staff writer for A&R Records and later Capitol Records penning jingles for u.a.: Maybelline, Baskin Robbins and Pan American Airlines. He is a member of the Songwriters Guild of America and ASCAP with over 450 released works.
Brian released his first album ‘Made in the Shade’ (Sony Records) in 1993 which produced three Top-10 Billboard chart hits. He has been awarded Country Artist of the Year (1993, 1997), Band/Group of the Year (1994), Male Vocalist of the Year (1991) and ‘Most Versatile Musician’ three years in a row (1996, 1997, 1998).
Most Recent Studio Release
Brian considers himself ‘genre-agnostic’, but has had the most success with Country and Blues genres.
After finishing out his tour of duty in the US Army in 1985, Brian remained in Darmstadt Germany and continued performing until 2000. Yes. He speaks fluent German.
Brian is a trained Pianist, but prefers to play Guitar. He also plays the Violin, Harmonica, Bass, Drums, Organ, Lap Steel and Pedal Steel.
According to ASCAP, Brian’s musical works have been re-recorded or appeared in productions over 1400 times since 2010. More than any other artist since 1989.
While living in Buffalo, New York in 1977, Brian performed occasionally at Nightclubs and Bars with the Band ‘Talas’ whose most notable member was Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big). Billy introduced Brian to Tesla bassist/guitarist Brian Wheat with whom he also collaborated with on diverse projects.
Brian was co-writer of the successful ‘Pan Am Airlines - You Can't Beat The Experience' (1982) and ‘Maybelline - I’m at my best’ (1984) advertisement campaigns.
Brian has been friends with Albert Lee (Emmylou Harris’ Hot Band) since they first played together at a mutual friend's birthday party in 1991. Albert introduced Brian to Vince Gill, Ricky Scaggs and Eric Clapton.
Brian has performed ‘Austin City Limits’ (both the TV show and the Music Festival) off-and-on since 1983 where he performed with such artists as: Chris Wall (No Sweat), Lyle Lovett (Cowboy Man) and ‘Asleep at the Wheel’ singer Ray Benson.
While not as well known, Ron Sweet (died June 2005) and Brian became friends in 1991 during the European USO tours with Johnny Paycheck. Ron introduced Brian to Waylon Jennings, David Allen Coe, Allison Kraus and Merle Haggard who he later collaborated with on diverse projects.
‘Watch that girl go’ (Made in the Shade album) appears as a jingle in Maybelline Radio and Television ads in Europe and South America to this day (over 20 years).
The ‘What the Hell’ album is a culmination of works that were originally written as jingles over a 20 year span the majority of which are still in circulation as international Radio and Television advertisements.
Brian is a ‘Rush’ fan, has been to more of their concerts than he can count and is a proud collector of Rush memorabilia, including a PRS acoustic from Alex Lifeson’s private stock.
Most Recent Video Release
As Writer/Performer at A&R Recording New York City, New York USA
- 1981 - Peter Tosh - Wanted Dread & Alive (LP, Album)
- 1982 - Dayton - Hot Fun (LP, Album)
- 1982 - Tyzik* - Radiance (Cass, Album)
- 1982 - Judy Collins - Times Of Our Lives (LP)
- 1982 - Pan American Airlines - You Can't Beat The Experience (Jingle)
As Producer/Writer/Performer at Capitol Records Nashville, Tennessee USA
- 1983 - Anne Murray - A Little Good News (7", Single)
- 1983 - 38 Special - Teacher Teacher (Single)
- 1983 - Dr. Hook - Sometimes You Win (LP, Album)
- 1983 - Diana Ross - Pieces Of Ice (12", Maxi)
- 1984 - Little Steven - Voice Of America (Album)
- 1984 - Maria Vidal - Body Rock (Special Long Version) (12")
- 1984 - Mel McDaniel - With Oklahoma Wind (Cass, Album)
- 1984 - Sherry Kean - People Talk (Cass, Album, Dol)
- 1984 - Maybelline - I'm At My Best (Jingle)
- 1985 - Maybelline - Dial-a-Lash (Jingle)
As Engineering Assistant at Dolphin Studios, Mörfelden, Germany
- 1994 - Frankfurt Rock Orchestra - Classic Moody Blues Hits (CD, Album)
- 1994 - Nena* - Und Alles Dreht Sich (CD, Album)
- 1995 - Kingfish - In Concert (2xCD, RM)
- 1995 - Johnny Logan - Another Lover (7", Single)
- 1997 - Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations (Album)
- 1998 - Point Blank - Point Blank (CD, Album, RE, RM)
As Recording Artist at Blue Rhino Records (Sony)
- 1993 - Brian Walton - Made in the Shade (Album)
- 2001 - Brian Walton - Made in the Shade (Live, Album)
- 2014 - Brian Walton - Wear Them Blues (Single)
- 2016 - Brian Walton - What the Hell (Album)
- 2019 - Brian Walton - Made in the Shade (25th Anniversary Edition, Album)
- 2019 - Brian Walton - Fly Higher (Single)
- 2021 - Brian Walton - Still Got My Mojo (Comp, Album)
Courtesy of https://www.discogs.com